Bouquets add a splash of color to our home décor and can be tailored to our preferences and requirements. Flowers are so charming, vibrant, and carry the outside in. They can be used to accent even the tiniest of rooms. Similarly, the bridal bouquet is a collection of flowers held by the brides as it is meant to be a complementary addition to the overall theme of the wedding dress and style.
When it comes to creating artificial flower bouquets, people show a few concerns. Consequently, woodflowers.com has written this post to answer a variety of questions people may have about making a bouquet of artificial flowers for hotels, home décor or a wedding.
Artificial bouquets are a lot less challenging to pick, purchase, and work with than anyone can expect! Flowers help to elevate the color scheme, complete a home interior or wedding party look, and bring personality to space or ceremony decor, in addition to being a home decoration or wedding tradition. We'll take you through the decision-making process and give you some genuinely inspirational bridal bouquet ideas that you can use in this guide.
How to select an artificial flower bouquet?
When it comes to artificial flowers, the possibilities can seem endless, but if you follow one or more of the given rules, you will be able to find something you enjoy the most!
- Consider your style first! Flowers have their own personalities and interpretations, but some are more suited to your wedding theme or home interior theme than others.
- Make use of the colors wisely, whether for home decor or a wedding. The colors of your bridal bouquet flowers don't have to match precisely, but they should be in the same color family as the rest of your decor. Similarly, for an indoor decorative floral bouquet, you have to relate the flowers' colors with the overall theme of the space.
- It is good to consider what is in season; artificial flowers are usually easy to come by and less costly to purchase, but following the seasonal vibes provide a more realistic style to a wedding or a place decorated with faux blooms.
Why should you use artificial flowers?
The most common discussion about flowers includes the advantages of artificial flowers vs. real flowers for wedding or home décor. Artificial flowers are preferred to natural flowers for a number of reasons. If you pick the right artificial flowers, they will look much like real flowers, fooling your houseguests into believing you know how to care for them.
Artificial floral are a favorite of home stylists and wedding planners for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Artificial flowers are less challenging to care for. Proper dusting and keeping the blooms away from heat and sunlight are the only precautions you have to adopt.
- Artificial flowers are less expensive because they do not need replacement every week or two.
- Artificial flowers should not necessitate the use of a green thumb.
- True flowers have a brief shelf life, while artificial flowers survive for years, and faux flowers do not need watering, proper sunlight, and some sort of fertilizers to grow and nourish.
- Artificial flowers have no fragrance or pollens, so artificial flowers are ideal for those who are allergic to natural flowers.
- Some real flowers are dangerous for pets and children, and you just have to be careful before having these flowers. Since artificial flowers are non-toxic, you don't have to be concerned with your children or pets eating them.
- Artificial flowers don't make a mess; of course, these plants and flowers are not rooted in dirt or lying in the water.
What supplies do you need to arrange an artificial flower bouquet?
Now it is very much clear that artificial flowers are the best match for a wedding or your home interiors, it's time to start designing your own artificial flower bouquet. You can buy a faux flowers bouquet that has already been made, but making your own allows you to tailor it according to your preferences. Additionally, the sense of achievement you will get every time you look at it when you put your art skills to good use.
Making a DIY bouquet is the ideal art to blend into any busy day because bouquets are simple to produce and don't take much time. Make sure you have all of the materials you'll need to bring together a beautiful bouquet before you get started. Here's what you will require:
- Artificial flower stems (any flowers you like most)
- Artificial greenery
- Vases that hold and complement your faux flower bouquet
- Ribbon or rubber to tie the bouquet.
Some rules of thumb to follow while creating a bouquet:
DIY bouquets are incredibly easy to make and will look stunning if you follow a few basic guidelines. Since your bouquet will last for years, you'll want to make sure it's made professionally, so keep the following guidelines in mind:
- As a "base," use three stems of faux flowers and connect stems to this focal point.
- Use a rubber band or a ribbon to tie your bouquet together.
- Once you have made a bouquet of flowers, apply some greenery and/or leaves to top it off.
- After securing your bouquet, shorten the stems so that they fit in the vase.
- Make your DIY bouquet beautifully pleasing by adding a range of textures.
- Cut the stems to several heights in your bouquet to keep the eyes going around the arrangement.
- Mix complementary colors to avoid clashing colors. Choose colors that complement your home's color scheme and keep seasonality in mind.
How can you keep your bouquet of faux flowers looking fresh?
Obviously, you don't need to water your artificial flower bouquet to keep it looking new, but there is some maintenance required to keep it in good shape:
- Dust off your bouquet regularly as you dust your furniture. This will take you no more than few seconds!
- Twice a year, scrub the crevices of your fake flowers and wash these faux blooms with soapy water or adopt any other appropriate procedure. This will hold your bouquet looking vibrant and deceive your houseguests into believing it's made of real flowers for years to come!